BBC presenter: The corporation has contacted the police on explicit photo allegations.

According to the firm, it is working as rapidly as possible to determine the facts.

In an email to workers, Director General Tim Davie also stated that the presenter had been suspended.

The claims were initially made public by the Sun, which chose not to name the presenter for legal reasons.

The presenter has also not been revealed by the BBC.

The corporation stated in a statement that it was working as quickly as possible “to establish the facts in order to properly inform appropriate next steps.”

“The BBC first became aware of a complaint in May,” the statement read. “New allegations of a different nature were presented to us on Thursday, and in addition to our own inquiries, we have also contacted external authorities in accordance with our protocols.”

It comes after Culture Secretary Lucy Frazer met with Mr Davie at an emergency meeting on Sunday.

“Given the nature of the allegations, it is important that the BBC is now given the space to conduct its investigation, establish the facts, and take appropriate action,” Ms Frazer said on Twitter, adding that the BBC will keep her updated.

The mother of the young person, who the Sun claims was 17 when payments from the presenter began, told the newspaper on Sunday that her kid had used the money to fuel a crack cocaine habit.

She claimed that if the alleged payments continued, her child, now 20, would “die.” A total of £35,000 is said to have been paid.

She also claimed that the image of the presenter in his underpants, which appeared in the Sun on Saturday, was taken during a video conversation with her child.

After apparently informing the BBC of their worries on May 19, the family said they were angry when the presenter stayed on television, prompting them to approach the Sun.

They stated unequivocally that they would not accept remuneration for the story, according to the newspaper.

A BBC personality is facing new charges about obscene images.
The BBC is facing a problem as a result of presenter photo claims.
Following the first Sun allegation, various BBC presenters, including Rylan Clark, Jeremy Vine, Nicky Campbell, and Gary Lineker, turned to social media to deny they were the star in question.

Mr Campbell of Radio 5 Live stated that he had reported an anonymous Twitter account to the police for purporting to be the broadcaster.

Concerns have been expressed concerning the BBC’s complaints procedure, specifically what steps were taken to interrogate the unnamed presenter and conduct additional investigation.

According to BBC News’ special correspondent Lucy Manning, there are already allegations that the network has not handled the inquiry into the host appropriately since the family filed their complaint.

Earlier on Sunday, a number of MPs said the BBC – which claims to take all allegations “very seriously” – owed them an explanation.

Shadow chancellor Rachel Reeves advised the corporation to “get its house in order,” while Tory minister Victoria Atkins demanded immediate action.

Ms Reeves told the BBC’s Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg that if the reports were genuine and the presenter stayed on the air for weeks after the complaint, “that’s not good enough.”

“The BBC needs to speed up their processes,” she added, adding that the BBC should provide “greater clarity now to what on Earth happened in this case, and what they’re doing to try and put it right.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *